Health and Safety
We strongly urge everyone to get vaccinated!! By being vaccinated, you are protecting yourself and your community.
If any of the following conditions apply to you, stay home and DO NOT SIGN UP to volunteer:
- You are sick.
- You have chronic health conditions, including chronic lung disease, heart disease, diabetes, cancer or a weakened immune system
While volunteering in-person during the COVID-19 outbreak we require the following:
- Wear a face covering. People who do not show symptoms may still be able to spread COVID-19. A face covering can help prevent you from spreading COVID-19 to other people, so you should wear one whenever you leave home and cannot maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others. A face covering can include anything that covers your nose and mouth, including dust masks, scarves and bandanas.
- Wash your hands often, including at the start and end of your volunteer opportunity. Use soap and water and scrub for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when sneezing or coughing. Do not use your hands.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not shake hands.
- Monitor your health more closely than usual for cold or flu symptoms.
- Do not gather in large groups.
- Keep at least six feet between you and others.