Create Disaster Ready Go-Bags at Home
Assemble Disaster Preparedness Go-Bags that will be used for neighbor-to-neighbor outreach.
L.A. Works is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer action center that creates and implements hands-on community service projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
Every Californian, regardless of age, ability, income, or language, deserves culturally competent education to prepare for earthquakes, floods, and the immediate threat of wildfires. L.A. Works has partnered with Listos California to prepare and educate 600,000 Angelinos on disaster preparedness and emergency readiness.
We ask that you create 5+ disaster preparedness go-bags and drop them off at the L.A. Works office or mail them. After you sign up, our Opportunity Coordinator will reach out to you with instructions about kit creation and drop-off times.
Disaster Preparedness Go-Bags should contain:
- Listos Info & Writable Resource cards (to be printed)
- Crank Flashlight
- Life straws or water filtering tablets or water bottles
- First aid kit (we could build those if it’s cheaper / would slow down the activity)
- Non/Slow-perishable food i.e., granola bars / powdered soup
- Bar of soap
- Safety blankets
- Powdered Pedialyte
- Toilet Paper
- COVID test
- Hand sanitizer
- Plain notebook and pencil
- Garbage bags
Optional add-ons, depending on budget
- Water bottles
- Pet food
- Diapers, baby formula
- Menstrual products
- Moisturizers, toothpaste, toothbrush, and other bathroom essentials
- Waterproof Matches
- Swiss Army Knife or similar tool
- Basic toolkit
For health and safety reasons, all Disaster Preparedness items must be new and unopened.
Questions? Email the opportunity coordinator.
For additional resources, check out our Disaster Preparedness Page!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:14+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. A team can be a family team, corporate team, or any kind of organized group. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: