Book Drive and Library Organization
Donate books, create video book reviews, and organize the library at Urban Scholar Academy.
Urban Scholar Academy is an after-school program whose mission is to prepare urban youth to become transformative leaders in the community through academic tutoring and support. Our book drive project will expand the library and engage students to help increase reading proficiency and comprehension.
This project will help engage students with books designed to help them meet their daily reading goals and improve their reading skills and achievement. The library will be organized so that students can find these new books.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteers can engage in this project in multiple ways:
FAVE Fam members:
- Kits with books to review and supplies for making bookmarks have been mailed to you. You can use the instructions to complete the project.
- You can join us in person to help organize the library at Urban Scholar Academy.
- Volunteer spots are always guaranteed for FAVE Fam members!
- Want to do even more? You can order and donate books directly through our custom wish list.
- Organize your book drive for diverse books using our instructions.
- Donate directly through our custom wish list.
- Sign up for our in-person event on September 24th (details will be emailed to you after signing up). Space is limited.
- Not a fave member? Sign up here.
- Time Commitment
- Saturday, September 24th
- Closed-toe shoes and comfortable attire suitable for cleaning and organizing
- Physical Requirements
- Volunteers can lift boxes and books or complete tabletop projects such as labeling and sort on site
- Age requirement
- Suitable for family volunteers of all ages
- Children under 18 must participate with an adult
Please visit our project page to learn more about this project and the role of diverse books and representation in student achievement.
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity should adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://www.laworks.com/health-and-safety.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 3+, Minimum Age:3+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: