Pantry Program - Help Distribute Food To Those In Need!
As part of the Pantry Program, we have our volunteers sort through donated food products and make to-go pantry boxes to be distributed to families, individuals, and students in need.
Since 1972, the St. Francis Center (SFC) has provided relief and support to homeless and extremely low-income individuals and families in Los Angeles. Much more than a soup kitchen or a food pantry, we offer a unique range of services to sustain and empower those in need. Welcoming all with joy, dignity, and compassion, we dedicate ourselves every day to Serving Hope in our community.
- Sort through produce.
- Distribute food boxes.
- Metered parking (coins and credit cards accepted) outside our Center. The meters start at 8 am.
- It is a St. Francis Center policy that volunteers DO NOT give money, medication, or rides to guests. If asked, volunteers should politely respond that we can’t give out cash or rides. All requests for assistance should be referred to the Resource office.
- Please Note: St. Francis Center is currently working with the Assistance League of Los Angeles’ Court Referred Volunteer Center to assist people in obtaining their court-ordered community service hours. We are no longer accepting applications for court-referred volunteers except through this program. Please contact them should you like to be scheduled at St. Francis.
Lastly, we are always looking for volunteers who are available to commit to volunteering every week on a specific day, to help us reduce turnover. Let us know, perhaps after completing your first volunteer opportunity, if this is something you would be interested in.
Our volunteers are very important to us, and we depend upon your generosity and support to serve our community. To ensure that our programs run smoothly, individual volunteers must notify Juniper at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, of cancellations via email or phone at least 24 hours in advance of their reservation. Groups must confirm attendance by the Saturday before and any cancellations must be made by this time. No-shows and noncompliance with this policy may result in restrictions to future volunteering.
Our guests at the SFC tend to have less access to medical care and are more likely to be immunocompromised. Due to this vulnerability, we are recommending that volunteers wear masks while at SFC.
While SFC is taking additional measures to go above and beyond standard COVID-19 health protocols, please be aware there is always a small risk of exposure when going out. Handwashing stations, hand sanitizer, disposable gloves, and disposable masks are readily available when needed.
While we would love to have you volunteer with us, please stay home and recover if you are feeling at all sick and we will see you when you are feeling better.
This opportunity is managed by an L.A. Works partner, St. Francis Center. Please contact the Opportunity Coordinator listed below for support, Juniper at firstname.lastname@example.org. If interested, please sign up to volunteer! We will follow up and confirm your volunteer date along with more information about the next steps.
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity are expected to adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://www.laworks.com/health-and-safety
By clicking "Sign Up" I certify I have read and agree to the Volunteer Terms and Conditions
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: