Spring Greening at Rowan Ave Elementary School
QUICK OVERVIEW: Attention all community members and nature enthusiasts! In honor of Cesar Chavez Day, we're joining forces with California Volunteers to plant greenery, paint murals, and build planter boxes for an elementary school campus in East Los Angeles.
MISSION: With your help, L.A. Works is on a mission to tackle climate and environmental injustices in communities that need it most. Join us in our goal to spruce up the school’s campus by building raised planter boxes, planting new greenery, painting murals, weeding, and much more!
IMPACT: This project will not only add green space in a concrete-dominated elementary school in East L.A. but also create an environment for these students to learn and grow. By providing them with hands-on experience in cultivating plants, we can inspire a curiosity for nature and instill valuable life skills in the next generation.
VOLUNTEER ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: We will be outdoors and on our feet for the event. We will be assembling/preparing planter boxes, planting seeds/plants, weeding, and more! Volunteers may be asked to help with lifting, shoveling, and using tools. Gloves and tools will be provided (bring your own gloves if preferred).
WHERE: ROWAN AVE ELEMENTARY (600 S Rowan Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90023)
WHEN: SATURDAY, MARCH 25, 2023 (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM)
- CHECK IN: Arrive between 8:30 - 9:00 AM for registration.
- ATTIRE: Wear comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes that you can move in and don’t mind getting dirty. We also suggest layering up with long pants and long-sleeve shirts.
- COVID PRECAUTIONS: The event will be outdoors. While not required, we encourage wearing a mask.
- Must be comfortable with hands-on physical work and comfortable working around children.
- Light breakfast and snacks will be provided.
ACCESSIBILITY: If you have any accommodations or other needs that you are requesting, please email email@example.com so we can support you in any way we can!
WANT TO SIGN UP?
Please click on the SIGN-UP button below. You’ll be contacted after sign-up with further details.
Ready to step up your volunteering? Sign up here instead to be a project leader!
Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: