Plant & Nurture Pasadena High's Gardens on Earth Day
This Earth Day, become a Climate Action Hero by greening and beautifying the grounds of Pasadena High School!
In partnership with California Climate Action Corps, a program of California Volunteers (Office of the Governor), L.A. Works is on a mission to amplify environmental justice initiatives supporting the communities most impacted by climate change.
Your volunteer efforts will restore green spaces throughout the campus, benefitting students, pollinators, and the larger community. Pasadena High School serves over 1800 students, with 81% of students identifying as Hispanic, Black, AAPI, or Indigenous. Thanks to your work, students will grow into great environmental stewards for their community, while learning about the importance of biodiversity and food security systems.
VOLUNTEER ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will plant native or drought-tolerant plants, remove weeds, build planter boxes or benches, and build/maintain hugelkutur berms. No experience necessary!
- Must be comfortable with hands-on physical work (i.e. cleaning, pulling weeds, shoveling, and planting) and comfortable working around children.
- Physical demands: Able to lift up to 25 lbs (if not, we will have other things to do for you so please email the Opportunity Coordinator for any questions/accommodations).
- Attire: Wear closed-toe shoes, a hat, long pants, and long-sleeve shirts. Gloves and tools will be provided (bring your own gloves if preferred).
Water and light snacks will be provided.
If you have any questions about accessibility, please contact the Opportunity Coordinator below.
By registering for this opportunity, you are agreeing to stay connected with future Climate Action events through California Volunteers and the Climate Action Corps. If you do not consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to opt-out.
All volunteers participating in this volunteer opportunity should adhere to the health and safety guidelines outlined here: https://volunteer.laworks.com/health-and-safety.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 10+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: